3rd Tuesday Evening Adult Programs
Join the Museum for entertainment and education! Third Tuesday Evening Adult Programs put the spotlight on the best of the Eastern North Carolina, with experts sharing their stories, knowledge and humor.
Programs are free and held at the Southport Community Building unless otherwise noted.
For information and reservations please call the museum on (910)457-0003. These events are supported by the Friends of the Museum.
2013 Presentation Schedule
- January 15: The Sea Their Graves with David Stewart, East Carolina University
- February 19: Scurvy: Scourge of the Mariner and Soldier with John MoseleyAsst. Site Manager, Fort Fisher State Historic Site
- March 19: The Fire of Freedom: Abraham Galloway and the Slaves' Civil War with David Cecelski
- April 16: The Hidden Fortifications: Visiting the Remnants of Fort Anderson Inside Sunny Point with Jim McKee
- May 21: Confederate Navy in North Carolina with Andrew Duppstadt, Asst. Curator of Education, Division of State Historic Sites
- June 18: Behind the Gates: Orton Plantation with Dillon Epp & Nick Dawson
- July 16: History of Hurricanes with Jay Barnes
- August 20: Frying Pan Light Tower with Richard Neal
- September 17: Membership Recognition
- October 15: Legends & Lore of the Lower Cape Fear with Brooks Preik
- November 19: Celia Rivenbark
2013 Historical Southport Bicycle Tours
The Adventure Kayak Company in cooperation with the NC Maritime Museum at Southport is pleased to announce the 2012 Historical Southport Bicycle tours. Maritime Museum Curator of Education, Lori Duppstadt will lead the tours through the live oak canopied streets and along the waterfront, explaining our local history. Pedal past Fort Johnston, the Brunswick Inn, the Old Brunswick Jail, the Crimes of the Heart Home, The Indian Trail Tree, along the Cape Fear River and more.
Saturday, March 30th at 2 p.m.
Saturday, April 20th at 9 a.m.
Saturday, May 25th at 9 a.m.
Saturday, June 15th at 9 a.m.
Saturday, July 6th at 8 a.m.
Saturday, August 3rd at 8 a.m.
Saturday, September 7th at 8 a.m.
Saturday, October 5th at 9 a.m.
Saturday, November 9th at 10 a.m.
Bring your own bicycle and helmet and join the fun tour. Fee is $15.00 or $20.00 including use of a bicycle and helmet. Limited number of bicycles available for rent.
All Historical Southport Bicycle Tours will meet at The Adventure Kayak Company located at 807 Howe St. in Southport and will take approximately 2 hours.
Pre registration and pre payment required. For more information or for reservation, please call The Adventure Kayak Company at 910-454-0607.