Adult Registration Form
Walk on Wednesdays
2015 Walking Schedule
"Fun on foot" is our mission. Once a month, The NC Maritime Museum at Southport brings educational and entertaining exercise to the Lower Cape Fear. Enjoy the outdoors and take pleasure in our "Salubrious Breezes," as we discover Southport's history, discussing the Shrimping & Menhaden industry, daring stories of blockade runners crossing the bar, pirates, pestilence, Hurricane Hazel and so much more. Tour meets at the Museum and lasts approximately an hour. Wear comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen. Bring a water bottle and prepare yourself for interactive walking.
$5/person. 204 East Moore Street, Southport, NC 28461. For further details call the Museum (910)457-0003.
3rd Tuesday Evening Adult Programs
Join the Museum for entertainment and education! Third Tuesday Evening Adult Programs put the spotlight on the best of the Eastern North Carolina, with experts sharing their stories, knowledge and humor.
Programs are free and held at the Southport Community Building unless otherwise noted.
For information and registration please call the museum on (910)457-0003. These events are supported by the Friends of the Museum.
2015 Presentation Schedule
- January 20: A Trip with Tripplet: Witty Wilmington Adventures with Robin Tripplet
- February 17: Rosenwald Schools with Donnie Joyner
- March17: No program scheduled. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- April 21: What Happened to the Lost Colony? with Dr. David LaVere
- May 19: The Workboats of Core Sound with Lawrence Early
- June 16: The Bathing Suit in Vintage Advertising with Elaine Blackmon
- July 21: CCC Camp Sapona with Scott Len
- August 18: Maritime Wilmington with Beverly Tetterton
- September 15: Member and Volunteers Potluck
- October 20: The Wilmington Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1862 with Shannon Walker
- November 17: Doc Rocks: Part Deux with Dr. Phil Garwood
Historical Southport Bicycle Tours
The NC Maritime Museum at Southport has partnered with the Adventure Kayak Company to offer “Historical Southport Bicycle Tours.” The guided tour will wind through live oak canopied streets and along the waterfront, incorporating local history. Participants will pedal past Fort Johnston, homes of Pilots and Blockade Runners, the Brunswick Inn, and the Old Yacht Basin, where several movies have been filmed.
2015 Bike Schedule
Bring your own bicycle and helmet and join the fun tour. Fee is $20.00 or $25.00 including use of a bicycle and helmet. Limited number of bicycles available for rent.
All Historical Southport Bicycle Tours will meet at The Adventure Kayak Company located at 807 Howe St. in Southport and will take approximately 2 hours.
Pre registration and pre payment required. For more information or for reservation, please call The Adventure Kayak Company at 910-454-0607.